Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Reflections on Power Point
Okay, I realize I am probably the last person in the world to use Power Point, but it is true! Somehow I never had training how to use it; I am too old to have computer training in college, and I never took the time to teach myself. My children, all teenagers, have made lots of powerpoints, but they knew better than to ask me for help if they got stuck. So I was fully prepared to ask my daughter for help when I was in over my head, but miraculously that point never occurred. I got started on my own and just played around figuring out what all the tools would accomplish. I was surprised that everything made sense to me. I loved trying the many transition tools between slides and was pleased with the variety of options available. I made a powerpoint to teach my first and second graders about an insect's body parts. I added clipart and images from the web. It took several hours to complete, but I am happy with the results. As far as using it as a tool in the future, I think it is something that I may use sparingly as the time it takes to make a powerpoint is lengthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you experimented with PowerPoint! It can be time consuming to create a good presentation, but if it's something that you can use again and again, it's worth it. Have fun!
ReplyDelete